Tell me about knee braces
A knee brace is a support that you wear for a painful or injured knee. Some people use braces to prevent injury during sports. They’re commonly made from combinations of metal, foam, plastic, elastic material and straps and custom fit to your knee. A variety of braces are available today.
Exploring a brace? Here are a few options to consider.
- Mild to severe unicompartmental osteoarthritis
- Unicompartmental knee conditions requiring load reduction, such as Articular Cartilage Defect Repair, Avascular Necrosis, or Tibial Plateau Fracture
- Thigh circumferences of 13.5” to 29” (34.3cm to 73.5cm) and calf circumferences of 9.8” to 24” (24.9cm to 61.5cm)
- All non-contact activities
For more information on the Unloader One®, visit: https://www.ossur.sg/unloader-braces
CTi braces provide the ultimate combination of stabilization and protection of the knee joint. This truly custom-made brace uses Accutrac® hinges with extension stops to glide with the knee and breathable liners coated with bio-inert Össur® Sensil® Silicone to reduce migration and skin irritation. Reversible field-serviceable buckles and trimmable straps facilitate fast adjustments and customized fit. CTi custom braces are available in 3 models — Vapor, Standard and Pro Sport — and can be further customized with a variety of options, colors, designs and/or accessories.
- For knee conditions that may benefit from increased AP and ML stability around the knee, such as: ACL, MCL, LCL, PCL, rotary and combined instabilities
- Vapor model for low to medium impact levels
- Standard model for medium to high impact levels
- Pro Sport model for highest impact levels
For more information on the CTi®, visit: https://www.ossur.sg/cti-kneebraces
The Rebound PCL is designed to apply a physiologically correct dynamic force, optimum for rehabilitation of posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) ruptures, whether during functional (non-surgical) treatment or post-surgical reconstruction.
Indications for use
- Rehabilitation of Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) ruptures, whether post-surgical reconstruction or during functional (non-surgical) treatment.
Features and benefits
- A Dynamic Tension System™ designed to increase the load on the tibia as the knee goes through flexion, providing an anterior drawer force that reduces the load on the PCL.
- Shear Knobs for specific load adaptation according to the patient’s individual anatomy and rehabilitation related requirements.
- Polycentric Hinge with extension and flexion stops allowing for range of motion adjustment.
For more information, visit: https://www.ossur.sg/injury-solutions/products/knee/ligament-braces/rebound-pcl
Make sure your quality of life is as good as it can possibly be.
We also work with a comprehensive panel of doctors who specializes in bone-joint conditions. Please ask us for a recommendation.
We look forward to serving you soon.